Tuesday, July 13, 2010

RTT: Kicking Mother Nature In The Ovaries

randomtuesday
Oh geeze. It's been a while. Basically I've been too lazy to blog. I haven't had much to talk about and, rather than just forcing it, I figured I'd gather some ideas that may actually entertain you. (Or at least not bore you to death.)

  • Do you ever get "eco guilt?" I guess that's what you'd call it. I'm sure there's some fancy terminology for it, but basically every time I forget my own cup at the coffee stand or neglect to bring my own shopping bag into the store, I feel guilty. Like I did something wrong. Like I'm kicking Mother Nature in the ovaries. Using disposable diapers definitely gives me a guilt trip, but they're just so dang easy to use. I just saw a diaper service that may serve my area but I'm not sure because I'm outside of the main city here. However, it would be worth it because it appears to cost less than the disposable ones (!!!) and you don't have to dump the poopy out of them (!!!). Do any of you use cloth diapers? Is it worth it?
  • Putting the rice in BB's bottles has been a saving grace for my ta-ta's. Plus it makes her poopy diapers easier to change because it's all pasty and stays put. (I sure do talk about poop on this blog a lot.) (Poooooooooop!)
  • BB can army crawl in a circle now. Shit. She's definitely going to be mobile before I'm ready for it. No longer will I be able to lay her on the floor and wash bottles or make myself some coffee. Luckily I can confine her to the exersaucer, which she loves. 
  • Every time I go to Target, I come back with at least a million things for BB. Okay, maybe not a million, but definitely more than necessary. On Thursday I went absolutely ape shit in the dollar section and got a bunch of letter, number, and phonics flash cards for her. (You know, because she can totally use them right now. Gotta start the SAT prep early.) (Mr. Clean has now forbidden me to enter the dollar section.) (Ha! Like that's gonna happen!) Today I found a lullaby CD that was 50% off so of course I HAD to get it. And then I saw some of those rings that you can attach the toys to and attach the rings to her car seat so OF COURSE I had to buy them since we don't have any. That place is gonna bankrupt me.
  • I finally made it to the gym!!! (You can stop applauding now.) (Okay, maybe just a little more.) And to make sure I keep it up, I signed BB up for daycare. Now I can go any time for up to two hours with her in tow. It's gonna set me back $120 ($40/mo for a minimum of 3 months, which is all I signed up for) but it's worth it not to be a fat ass any more.
That's enough random for today. Hopefully I'll have something to share next week, too.

Want more random? Check out The Un Mom.

    1 comment:

    Melanie said...

    I know exactly what you mean about the eco guilt! I try to transfer it into more productive actions but that doesn't mean it doesn't get to me when I feel like I could be better!