Tuesday, July 20, 2010

RTT: Now where the hell did I put that binky? Oh, there it is...right next to my sanity.

randomtuesday
  • Finding child care is a pain the ass. Finding it in my location is an even bigger pain. That's because I live in a small suburb of a larger city and there are far fewer options out here in the boonies than there are in the city. We want something close to home, mainly because Mr. Clean works close by and he's the one that's going to pick BB up. Today I managed to find someone that is probably going to be "the one" but I still have to go check her place out tomorrow. She's at the tail end of the process for getting licensed which is fine by me. She's got 2 kids and one is an infant. She said she doesn't plan on taking enough kids to put her at capacity (6). Her daughter will be at kinder during the day but she has to keep a spot open for her, meaning that she's probably only going to take 3 kids total. It's encouraging. And the rate is $25 a day which is a steal. Please, powers that be, make this work out. 
  • Baby Bano is a finicky sleeper. Stick her in the crib and you're luck to get 4 hours before she wakes up, needs to be changed and fed and will go back to sleep for a couple more hours. And that's if you're lucky. Last night she was up every 2-3 hours. However, if you stick her in the car for 15 minutes and take her on a joy ride, she falls asleep instantly and DOESN'T WAKE UP UNTIL 7 AM. (Yes, we leave her in the car seat. There is no way I am going to fuck up the possibility of a full night's sleep for either of us.) 
  • Why is it that you can never find a pacifier when you need one?
  • She loves her "lovey," which is like a mini-blanket with a stuffed animal attached. It's so cute. She just snuggles right into it. Give her the lovey and a binky and she's good to go. (This is similar to what she has but it's a different animal and color.)
  • She SINGS. Seriously. We were at my parents' the other day and she was singing to the music. It was adorable. And when the music stopped, so did she. She sings in the car and almost always when she's tired. She loves it when you sing to her. Ladies and gentlemen, I've got the next Miley Cyrus on my hands.
  • We were very fortunate to be gifted with a shitload of clothes from a friend of Grandma Bano's. I have finally finished sorting through them. They are in two GIANT piles on BB's bedroom floor. Pile one is 9-12 months (well, 6-12 in the case of GAP clothes. Seriously, 6-12? Could you be any more arbitrary? It may as well say, "Sometime after birth but before your first birthday.") and pile two is 12+. Those two piles have been sitting there for about 3 days, doing a great job of blocking access to the crib and changing table, and I think Mr. Clean is about ready to lose his shit if I don't put them away or at least shove them into a corner or something.
  • SO. MUCH. DROOL. Bibs are now a required part of her outfits in order to prevent her onesies from getting completely SOAKED.
Now go visit Keely for an RTT worth reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I'm so good at making piles! But then so bad at putting the piles away... (I say from amidst the stacks of laundry I folded over an hour ago).

Good luck with childcare!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I love hand me downs! I especially love when Sprite is too small for them. Room to grow, I say!

VandyJ said...

I was frustrated with the 6-12 month clothes because some were more six months and some were more 12 month. It was a challenge to dress Bruiser. and bibs were necessary here too. At least there are cute bibs out there.

Heather said...

6-12 is, well, just dumb...we're mom's, not rocket scientists...and we just don't have time to figure out which end of the spectrum our child falls into at any given time!

BB sings? So cute!!