Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being pregnant = I MISS ALCOHOL

Okay, I'm not saying I miss alcohol RIGHT THIS SECOND. I very rarely drink on weekdays, especially when I must function as a working human being the next morning.

I just miss being able to have a glass of wine when I want to, or my favorite, a big ass margarita. I make great margaritas. Tequila. Lime. Rocks. Salt. YUM. I actually had a dream the other night that I was chugging a margarita from a PITCHER. I also happened to have a cold in real life, meaning I was breathing through my mouth which was drier than a popcorn fart (oh, that's my dad's favorite saying) and the margarita was likely my brain's way of saying, "Wake up and drink something!" Imagine my disappointment when I woke up and had to drink water instead of a margarita from the pitcher. Bummer.

Wine is great, too. I love wine. I am a fan of the reds, especially cab-sauv and merlot, but I really love them all. I've been known to split a bottle with a friend...and then open another and split that one, meaning by that point I've had a whole bottle of wine. Yup. Lush. I have a feeling it's going to take a good amount of time to build that tolerance back up once the baby is born. I've got some work ahead of me.

I don't just miss the taste of margaritas and wine. I'll admit, I could have used a little nip to get me through the holidays. My family is a little kooky but Mr. Clean's is downright nutty and being around his nephew for more than 20 minutes warrants busting out the tequila shots. We spend a lot of time with his family over the holidays. I could have really used a drink...or five.

Alas, I am still going to be carrying around Baby for two more months and breastfeeding will commence upon her arrival. Alcohol, I will come for you soon. Just not soon enough.

No comments: