Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Just call me Jackhammer

Apparently I was sawing logs again last night. Or maybe I should say I was JACKHAMMERING CONCRETE.

I woke up at 12:30 AM and Mr. Clean was not in bed. At first I thought he might be milling about (he frequently has mini bouts of insomnia) but the house was still totally dark. I went back to sleep and awoke again at about 2:30 AM. No Mr. Clean. It occurred to me in my drowsy haze that it might have something to do with all of the animalistic sounds I'd been making the past few nights. (Um, not because I'm an animal in bed or anything. Because I'm sick. With a cold. Get your mind out the gutter you pervert.) I decided I didn't care if he was in the other room because I'm miserably ill, carrying his baby, and he will have to learn to live without sleep pretty soon anyway. I'm such a sweetie.

Sure enough, he came into the bedroom at 6 AM. I know because he scared the crap out of the dog, who barked LOUDLY, scaring the crap out of me and nearly inducing an early labor. (Don't worry, Baby is still in there. She doesn't scare easily, just me.) Turns out Mr. Clean slept on the couch. That probably sucked a lot for him because we have a really small ass couch. (We no longer have a spare bedroom with a bed because it is now the baby's room complete with all of the TONS OF STUFF that comes with one of these things.)

Guess who is napping again today?

2 comments:

ck said...

Sick + pregnancy = the worst combination ever. I always got the longest, most dramatic colds when I was pregnant and couldn't use nose spray. I'd also wake up alone in bed.

I hope you feel better soon!

Casey said...

I say keep snoring and spread out. Beds are nicer to sleep in solo when you're pregnant.