Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spin Cycle: I can't live without...



I'm having a hard time with this one because there are several things I can't live without. I mean, I probably could if I was forced to, but let's not go there if it's not necessary. I'm already living without wine and brie. I may have to do serious harm if you took any of these away from me:

Coffee/Caffeine
I looove coffee. I could drink it all the time, many times a day if (A) I wouldn't have a heart attack as a result and (B) it didn't cost an arm and a leg to buy one. (Starbucks, you are killing my bank account!) During this pregnancy, I have learned to live without the delightfully upbeat effect that caffeine gives me. I still have my morning Starbucks (my to the financial dismay of Mr. Clean, who continues to tout that we should own stock because I am probably keeping their Western Division in business...or whatever) but I get decaf. Decaf is BORING. I still get the taste I love but I don't get the cracked-out high buzz. That AM buzz is what gets me going in the mornings--or at least it used to.

Last year my students could tell when I hadn't had my morning cup 'o joe. They also knew it was no time to fuck with me. Those were quiet mornings.

Mr. Clean
Oh. My. God. Can I just say how fucked up my shit would be without that man? (That's technical terminology, just so you know.) He keeps me organized, on time, and happy. He keeps the house clean, pays the bills, and does all the yardwork. If I listed everything he does around here, you would start to wonder what I actually do. (Admittedly, it's close to nothing. Yesterday I emptied AND loaded the dishwasher. That hasn't happened in YEARS. He was ready to get the camera out and document it.)

Mr. Clean is probably one of the hardest working people I know. He deserves to be on Oprah or something. You know those episodes where you surprise your spouse and then Oprah gives them all sorts of cool stuff for being an amazing person? Yeah, he should be on one of those episodes. (Preferably the one where she gives him a vacation. For two.)

Facebook
In an earlier post, I mentioned my addiction to Facebook. It's similar in strength to my addiction to coffee. I love "communicating" with people in this simplistic format. You can see what they're up to without having to call and have an actual conversation. I don't mind talking on the phone, but Suzie Q from high school that I haven't talked to since graduation isn't really on my list of people to call and have a gab session with. Much easier to see her status update and click "Like" or leave a short 'n sweet comment.

I also can't go a day without playing enjoy some of the games on there. Yes, I'm one of those lame people that play things like Farmville and Restaurant City. It's fun! (Who wouldn't want to run a farm without ever having to get dirty? Plus there are green alien cows. Um, awesome.) Oh, and they have SCRABBLE! Who doesn't love a good game of Scrabble? (Okay, I am a total word nerd and have no problem admitting that. I just have problems spelling now that I'm thinking for two.)

9 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Coffee is a must for me every morning too! I'm not even sure if I FEEL the buzz, but the taste is just perfection. Great Spin! You're linked!

Heather said...

Hi, just popping in from Sprite's Keeper's.

Coffee and hubby was on my list but I decided against it. Couldn't have said it better myself. Love coffee and of course the hubby.

Ginger@When Ginger snaps... said...

We have a lot in common. My husband is also one of the most hard working men in the entire universe, he brings me coffee every morning, which I also could not live without! And my favorite thing to do while I'm having that first cup of coffee? FARMVILLE! I'm hopelessly addicted to it!

VandyJ said...

Couldn't live without my hubby, goes without saying. Coffee on the other hand--me and caffine are not good friends anymore. I have caffine and I'm up all night-literally.

Laufa said...

At least you know what your addictions are and you have admitted to them.
I think Mr Clean is so cute, but after using his cleaner for a long time, the smell makes me nauseous. I had to switch - crazy huh?
I tried to like coffee, even worked at a coffee house to be surrounded by it. Never took.
FB, I had to ban myself from the farms...it took time from my kids.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

Cofee Yes (that's my spin too)

I totally get it. I even cut out decaf when I was pregnant. I couldn't tell you which I was looking more forward to after he was born the coffee or the wine. I think it's pretty close.

gretchen said...

Damn you. I'm already completely addicted to Farmville, Mafia Wars, Yoville AND CafeVille. As soon as I read this post, I rushed over to Facebook and joined Restaurant City! Argh.

Amen about the coffee.

Camille said...

Oh, Facebook. I can relate...

Casey said...

Your husband sounds a lot like mine, I don't do much around here either. Shhh..

I think you can have caffeine in moderation. At least one cup a day!