Monday, February 01, 2010

Miserable

I got completely SACKED with a wicked cold this weekend. It started out late Thursday as bit of a cough but there were no other warning signs. I mean, usually when I get a cough, there's a sore throat and some other misery involved. Nope, not this time.

Saturday morning when I woke up my nose was completely stuffed, I had a hacking cough, and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. And I probably would have if I could have breathed (is that right because it sure sounds weird?) through my nose. When I'm really sick and stuffed up, I have a horrible time sleeping because I am incapable of falling asleep breathing through my mouth. It just doesn't happen for me.

Under normal circumstances I would have chugged some Nyquil and said hello to the blissful, passed-out-drunk coma it manages to always put me in. But things aren't normal because I'm baking a bun in my oven, which means I can only take certain medicines and Nyquil is not one of them. Dayquil isn't on the list either. (Being pregnant sure makes you appreciate the drugs you're allowed to take when you're not knocked up!) I decided to go ahead and take some Benedryl (which is on the "allowed" list) last night so that I could at least get a few moments of sleep. Mr. Clean said I was sawing logs, and I felt pretty good when I woke up for real (not my 4 AM trip to the potty), so I guess it worked out. (I'm pretty sure I kept him up, too because he's taking a nap right now.)

I'm still plugged up and coughing and slightly miserable today, but I refuse to use any of my sub days at work because I'm saving them for when Baby comes, which means I have to be a total trooper and suck it up.

I suppose that's enough whining for one day. I'll have lots to more bitch and moan about once the baby comes!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Being sick while pregnant is the worst since you can't take the good drugs. And I'm with you, having a stuffy nose is horrible, I'd almost rather someone pull out my toenails instead.